Tooth-Colored Fillings – Billerica, MA
Beautiful Restorations for
A metal filling can leave you feeling self-conscious about your smile. Fortunately, when it comes to treating cavities, Dr. Danzig and Dr. Snook can give you a much more natural-looking alternative. With a tooth-colored filling, you will be able to show off a dazzling smile again while remaining secure in the knowledge that your tooth decay has been properly dealt with. Contact our office today if you are interested in having a tooth-colored filling placed.
Why Choose Grateful Dentists for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Biocompatible, Image-Friendly Restorations
- Knowledgeable Dental Experts
- Dental Insurance Welcome
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
A filling is simply material used to repair any teeth that have suffered from decay or minor damage. The material fills the empty spaces in the tooth in order to replace the missing parts of the dental structure.
While fillings can be made out of metal, modern dentistry has found a more aesthetically pleasing alternative in the form of tooth-colored fillings. This type of restoration is made out of composite resin; not only is this material highly biocompatible (making it a safe choice for your smile), but it can also closely match the appearance of your natural enamel once it has been shaded appropriately. A well-placed tooth-colored filling can make it look as though your tooth was never damaged to begin with.
The Process of Getting a Tooth-Colored Filling
Having a filling placed is a relatively simple process that can typically be completed in just one visit. Step one is to prepare your mouth for the treatment by numbing the area in question with a local anesthetic. This is done for the sake of your comfort. Next, we can take out the decayed parts of the tooth and thoroughly sanitize the area to get rid of any harmful bacteria.
Once we’re sure that the tooth is ready, we’ll start placing the composite resin. We’ll continue adding layers until the tooth’s structure has been fully restored. At the end of the process, we may need to sculpt the filling slightly to make sure that it doesn’t throw off your bite. Then we’ll give your tooth a gentle polishing before letting you head home with your newly restored grin.
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Tooth-colored fillings have become increasingly popular in recent years. Some of the top reasons to choose a tooth-colored filling over a metal one include:
- Appearances: We can customize your tooth-colored filling to make it virtually indistinguishable from the enamel around it.
- Stability: The composite resin will bond directly with your tooth, strengthening it from the inside.
- Less Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth-colored fillings don’t expand or contract when exposed to temperature changes, so they’re less likely to contribute to tooth sensitivity than metal fillings.
- Durability: You can often expect a tooth-colored filling to last for 7 years or longer.
- Easy Maintenance: All you need to do to take care of a tooth-colored filling is brush, floss, and visit your dentist twice a year – which are all steps you would normally take to protect your smile.