Veneers – Billerica, MA
Leave Dental Imperfections in the Past
There is no denying it: your smile is one of your most prominent features. In fact, several researchers have concluded that it’s the first thing people notice about you (one study found that a whopping 94% of people look at someone’s smile first!). If you’re less than excited to hear this news because of stubborn stains, small chips, and other flaws, there is a solution: veneers in Billerica. One of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments, they allow you to leave dental imperfections in the past for good. Want to learn more? Read on or get in touch with our team!
Why Choose Grateful Dentists for Veneers?
- Experienced Team of Dentists
- Completely Personalized to Your Smile Goals
- In-House Savings Plan Available
What Are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are one of the most sought-after cosmetic dental treatments. But what exactly are they? Essentially, they are thin shells of high-quality materials, like porcelain. After your teeth have been prepped, they can be adhered to the front-facing surface of your teeth, concealing a wide range of imperfections. Even better, porcelain is incredibly durable and comes in a wide range of lifelike shades, allowing you to select a color that will complement your look seamlessly.
The Process of Getting Veneers
Of course, the first step is to schedule a consultation with our cosmetic dentist in Billerica. Once they’ve assessed the condition of your oral health, learned about your smile goals, and determined you are a candidate, it’s time to officially start the process of getting veneers!
The first step will be to prepare your teeth. By removing a small amount of enamel, we can ensure that your veneers won’t look bulky or stand out for the wrong reasons. From there, we will take impressions of your teeth and send those off to the dental lab. While they are being crafted (a process that typically takes a few weeks), you may receive a temporary set of veneers.
Once we’ve received your permanent veneers from the lab, you’ll come back into our office to have them placed. At this point, we will adhere them to your teeth and make any final little changes to make them absolutely perfect. When that step is complete, so is the veneers process!
The Benefits of Veneers
Are you still on the fence about whether or not veneers are the best smile-enhancing treatment for you? Then keep reading to learn a few priceless benefits:
- The entire treatment process can be completed in as little as two appointments
- Veneers are custom-made for each patient, ensuring flawless results that are utterly “you”
- With proper care, veneers can last for well over a decade
- High-quality materials, like porcelain, are stain-resistant and cavity-resilient
- Veneers allow you to conceal multiple dental flaws simultaneously
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Veneers are an excellent option for patients who are seeking a more dramatic smile makeover. However, they aren’t always the best choice for everyone. Before you can determine whether or not they are the ideal cosmetic solution for you, it’s important that you consider their cost. Continue reading so you can make an informed decision about the future of your smile!
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
Patients often initially think that veneers are the perfect cosmetic solution, but this isn’t always the case. It’s important that you take a look at other options as well to see how they will affect your smile. They all have different price points and can help to achieve a variety of goals. Here are just some common options that are available:
- Invisalign – Invisalign is a great option if you are dealing with significant misalignment issues. Using a series of clear aligners, the treatment is able to correct numerous bite problems and crooked teeth. It costs several thousands of dollars but is ideal for orthodontic issues.
- Teeth Whitening –Professional teeth whitening is a quick, yet effective solution for surface discoloration. It is also much more affordable than other cosmetic options. Just remember that it doesn’t address cosmetic imperfections other than staining. Results can last anywhere from a couple months to a few years depending on how well you maintain them.
- Direct Bonding – Bonding is a minimally invasive procedure that can be completed in a single visit, and it’s one of the most affordable cosmetic treatments out there. This treatment is great for correcting minor flaws, like small chips and stains. It lasts anywhere between 3 to 10 years on average.
- Veneers – Veneers certainly aren’t the cheapest option out there, but it’s the easiest way to transform numerous aspects of your smile at the same time. This includes the shape, color, and minor misalignment. The whole process can be completed in as little as two appointments, and results last up to 15 years or longer with optimal care.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Since veneers are considered an elective procedure, they aren’t generally covered by dental insurance. Fortunately, this doesn’t leave you completely out of luck. We have an in-house loyalty program that allows you to save 13% of all services in-office along with your annual membership fee.
We also work with CareCredit – a third-party financing company that can break the cost of your treatment into manageable monthly installments with little-to-no interest. Talk to our friendly team members to learn more!
The best way to find out exactly how much you can expect to pay for your veneers is by scheduling a consultation with us. We’re eager to help you achieve your dream smile!
Are you ready to leave dental imperfections in the past? Veneers in Billerica make it easier than ever! If you’re interested in this popular cosmetic service, it’s likely that you have some questions before you’re ready to commit to a treatment plan. For your convenience, we’ve gathered some of the most common questions we get about veneers below so you can learn more about them! As always, if you don’t see the information you’re looking for below, don’t hesitate to give us a call and we’ll be happy to help!
What Happens to the Teeth Under Veneers?
A very thin layer of enamel needs to be removed from the front of your teeth in order to make room for the veneers. Doing so and bonding the veneer in place are both very easy, minimally invasive, and virtually painless. Even though the enamel won’t grow back, the veneer on top of it will shield it from cavity-causing bacteria and plaque. Nonetheless, you still need to practice thorough oral hygiene to keep tooth decay at bay since veneers only cover one side of your tooth. Brushing with a soft-bristled toothbrush, flossing with waxed floss, and using a fluoridated, non-abrasive toothpaste will keep cavities from forming underneath your veneers.
Is There Anything I Can’t Eat with Veneers?
Between preparing your teeth and receiving your permanent veneers, you’ll wear a set of temporary veneers. During this time, you’ll need to avoid hard foods like ice, raw vegetables, crunchy fruits, hard candy, and the like to prevent them from breaking. Once your permanent veneers are in place, you can eat with more confidence since these will be more securely attached to your teeth. That being said, you should still avoid very sticky foods that could pull your veneers off your teeth. You should also limit your intake of hard foods and stop chewing on ice, as this can gradually loosen your veneer or cause it to chip.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
Veneers are crafted from durable dental porcelain and are held tightly in place by a reliable bonding agent. They’re designed to easily last at least 15 years, but studies show that there’s a very good chance that you can get yours to last for up to 30 years with the right care! It all truly depends on how well you take care of them. Bad habits like biting your nails, chewing on ice, and not flossing can shorten the lifespan of your veneers, while being careful with your diet and practicing excellent oral hygiene can ensure you get the most out of your investment.
How Many Veneers Will I Need?
Each veneer is individually made, so you can get exactly as many you need for the specific tooth or teeth you’re looking to improve. If you only have a single tooth with a noticeable stain or flaw, you may only need one veneer that matches the rest of your pearly whites. However, if you’re looking to fix numerous issues at once or if you want to completely redesign your smile, we recommend getting veneers in pairs. We’ve found that getting veneers on the front two, four, six, or eight teeth provides the most seamless and comprehensive results.